Friday, May 2, 2008

Ranger Cookies

Last weekend my brother, Bryan, graduated from BYU with is Masters in Accounting. An exciting day! Made even more exciting by his announcement that evening at our family party that he and Sarah are expecting their first baby this next December. Yippee! Walt's sister-in-law also called that week to tell us she is expecting. We can't wait to be a new aunt and uncle twice over again! Bry and Sarah announced their news by baking ranger cookies, wrapping them individually as party favors and including a recipe, the last steps of which said "Bry and Sar have their own little cookie baking in the oven. Bake 7 more months at womb temperature. Makes one little Graden." :) Walt and I think "Ranger C. Graden" would be a great name for a boy! (C. is for Cookie, of course). Ha!

Heather, my step-sister, moved in with us last week for the month of May. It's been a blast having her here. I'm getting big circles under my eyes from staying up so late talking with her. We 're loving it!

Today I attended BYU Womens Conference with my Grandma Stevenson, Aunts Kim, Kelley, and Su, cousin Kara, and sisters-in-law Liz and Sarah. SOOOOO fun. I love being with my family. I attended several great sessions. I'll post my notes here in a couple days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you got to go to Women's Conference. It was wonderful. I'm sorry we didn't get together when I was there last week. It was a wonderful but very rushed week to try to get some specific things done for my parents. We're going to come (at least the boys and I and hopefully Stan) to Provo for July 4th. I'm not sure whether we'll come earlier or stay later, but we'll let you know so that hopefully we can spend some good time together!

Sarah said...

Julie and Walt,
I need to check out your blog more often...it's so fun to read your updates! (Especially about trying IVF in July. How exciting! We'll definitely keep you in our prayers!) We're So excited to come stay with you guys...our model couple :0)