Thursday, August 20, 2009

Play group this week had three moms, three kids, and no bee stings! Ah, success!

Last night the Beehives did Tie Dye. I should have taken one of Isaac's white onesies! I'd never done tie dye before, and it was a lot of fun and not hard at all. Of course, it remains to be seen whether we did it right or not because the shirts have to sit overnight and then be washed before the final outcome is known. But the girls had a great time! I will sure miss them. I'm being released next week and have already received a new calling - Achievement Day Leader for the 10-11 year old girls. I'm so excited! If any of you have done this before, please share successful activity ideas!

We got a new camera last weekend, so we can finally take more pictures of Isaac. We had two cameras several months ago - one that I brought into the marriage that just finally gave up the ghost, and one that Walt brought into the marriage that had it's unfortunate demise under the wheels of our truck. Oops.

Here are my sweet, tired boys:

5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh hurray! You're going achievement days. You're going to be soo good! Love the picture of the boys.

Laura said...

I'm having all sorts of trouble typing. That last comment should be either "doing achievement days" or "going to do achievement days." Take your pick and forgive my crazy fingers for getting ahead of my brain.

Sarah said...

Shoot...we should have a tie dying party sometime! And cute, sweet picture of your boys :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh favorite one we ever did: At-home spa day! My leader had a couple friends come over to help give all us girls facials, pedicures, & manicures. They taught us how to do it so we could do it ourselves at home, then we made our own favorite scented lotion to take home in our "treat bag" which included little nail polishes & packets of face mask stuff....LOVED that activity! I felt like such a grown up that day!

Elaine said...

I'd ask Linda, that's her calling right now and I know they've done some fun things!