The perfect excuse to mop the bathroom floor is to have the toilet overflow! Dang. I admit that's sometimes what it takes to get me to mop because the floors for some reason are my least favorite task. I decided to go all out and have the toilet water pour down the heat vent, too, and drip through the screw holes onto the laundry room floor so that I could clean those floors, too. A job worth doing is worth doing well, right? To be honest I just sopped up all the water, and Walt mopped the floors when he got home. Thanks, Honey! I needed that.
This week our good friend John returned from 5 months in Iraq. We sure appreciate the sacrifice he and his wife and little boy made to serve our country in such a difficult way. God bless the USA!
Isaac has been fighting his nap all morning, and still isn't asleep, which means my visiting teaching appointment will need to be rescheduled...again. And I had to make the crust for the lemon bars twice because the first time they were in the oven Isaac was supposed to be sleeping but needed my attention, and I couldn't get away so the crust burned. But you know, it's okay. This morning those things aren't bothering me. This is what life is all about - learning to sift out and not stress about the things that don't matter much and really focus on the things that do, which often means rolling with the punches and changing plans. I'm not always so good at that. But this morning I'm at peace.
APRIL-JUNE 2026
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
Julie you're such a great example! I've been trying to work on that too. (How exciting that Jon is finally home...I bet Liz is thrilled!!)
Post a Comment