Yesterday was Walt's birthday, and it was fun to do special things for him and to remember the first birthday that I knew him. It was October, 2005, and we'd just started noticing each other. I left a cupcake and a note on his truck that morning before he went to work, and in the evening when I was coming home from my cousin's house I noticed his truck driving slowly past my door. I parked and got out, and he and his sister invited me to come to a movie with them. My thinking was something like "Oh Baby! YESSSSSSSS!" But I just said, "Sure, that'd be fun!" :) And here we are four birthdays later.
My Aunt Kelley and some of her family came to visit from Arizona and were staying at another aunt's house in Highland, so yesterday I packed Isaac up and spent a good part of the day with them having fun. On the freeway as I drove there, traffic suddenly slowed to a crawl. I could see flashing lights ahead and thought there must be an accident. But moments later a trooper SUV passed me on the shoulder, parked a few cars ahead of me, and the trooper jumped out with a rifle! "Oh there's a bad guy! This is getting exciting!", I thought. It wasn't long before the bad guy ran past my car window. But he wasn't a bad guy at all - just a poor frantic cow trying to figure out how he got on the freeway. The trooper pointed the rifle at him (must have been a tranquilizer gun)and I suddenly saw in my mind the scene from Napoleon Dynamite where the farmer shoots his cow right as the school bus full of children drives by. Luckily no school buses were around, and cow was faster than the trooper. Traffic picked up again and I'll never know the rest of the story. But it was sure a unique experience!
APRIL-JUNE 2026
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
What a funny experience! Rotten cows, causing so many problems. :-)
Happy late birthday to Walt!
OK, that is SO FUNNY! Happy Birthday to Walt, and Happy Halloween to all of you!
I just read about a runaway bull in the paper. They did shoot it after he ran through fences and crossed traffic several times. And wow, you were right there.
Post a Comment