Tuesday, February 1, 2011

#1 - Watching life unfold

You know the saying, "You can count the seeds in an apple, but you can't count the apples in a seed"? Well, that's what I've been thinking about lately with Isaac and this new little one we're expecting any day. It is fun to wonder what they'll like and be involved in, what kind of career they'll choose, what kind of girl they'll marry, and to realize that my influence and their influence is potentially infinite, through generations without end. I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but I just am excited to watch the little guy's life unfold a step and a time. And I can't wait to teach him the gospel of Jesus Christ, which gives meaning to all of our experiences and is the way to be truly happy. I'm so grateful for my role as a mother to teach these things to my son, and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love how the gospel is so intertwined with your life and you so freely share both. This little guy is so lucky to have you and Walt as parents!