Today's journal entry about my boys. Thought I'd share. My blog has mostly become updates on my boys. That's the most fun thing for me right now!
Isaac is a singer. His favorite songs right now are Choose the Right, Praise to the Man, and I Love to See the Temple. He sings a LOT at home, which I love. A few weeks ago after church he walked up on the stand in the chapel to where the chorister stands, faced the empty room, and started singing “Love at Home”. So cute. We’ve been checking out library books recently, and he loves that. Some of his favorite books right now include Clip Clop, Freight Train, The Snowy Day, and Richard Scarry’s Best Word Book Ever. And of course anything with trucks. We go to the transportation shelf in the children’s department and check out lots of books about fire trucks, dump trucks, tractors, tow trucks, etc. Isaac has been really obedient lately and is getting better at waiting and accepting when things aren’t the way he wants them. He has started saying Thank You more without being reminded. He’s good about helping to clean up messes when he makes them. A couple weeks ago he spontaneously stopped taking naps. Although if he gets to bed late he may take one the next day, and he often falls asleep in the car. Now I have to figure out how to get more sleep and energy because that means I can’t take naps anymore either! The other day he said, “Isaac get married in temple.” It’s neat to know that he’s catching on to the things we talk about and starting to establish them as values for himself. I have so much fun with Isaac!
Tommy is eating lots of solid foods now. He loves mashed potatoes, spaghetti, bread, Cheerios, pureed apricots and peaches, bananas, pureed peas and carrots. He really gets around scooting and is especially fond of knocking over garbage cans in order to ransack their contents and find some treasure to maul. He loves to sit and knock over block towers as fast as I can build them. He LOVES Isaac and is most easily entertained by him. It’s easy to know when he’s tired because he starts saying “Mmmm! Mmmm! Mmmm!” constantly. Can also mean messy diaper or hungry. He is starting into size 4 diapers this week. Just one size below Isaac! Big boy. Of course Isaac is about ready for size 6. All Thomas needs in order to smile is for someone to look at him. He LOVES attention. He can sit up on his own for several minutes at a time and is starting to get up on all fours and do some rocking back and forth – the precursor to crawling. He’s a bit finicky about sleeping through the night lately. He often likes to wake up and have a midnight snack. Or two. I guess he takes after his daddy that way. At least he can hold his own bottle, so I sometimes just give it to him to feed himself, and I go back to bed. Walt gave Tommy his third (or fourth?) haircut last night. He has a lot of hair for our family, and he is really an adorable baby. I’m so happy to have my little boy. Mommy loves Tommy!
APRIL-JUNE 2026
2 weeks ago
1 comment:
Awe your boys are so cute! Be careful with the bottle in bed though, I had bottle rot from it and had my 4 front teeth pulled before kindergarten. I guess it depends on if he has teeth yet :)
Post a Comment