Monday, July 7, 2008

We had an absolutely delightful (though quick) trip to Cedar City for a Stevenson family reunion last week. There we surprised Beth, Jocelyn, and Jessica with a trip to Seattle to celebrate Grandma's 80th Birthday and stay on Orcas Island with our immediate family (see picture). It was a big surprise, and we can't wait for the trip. We orchestrated everything through Randy.

We went camping for the 4th of July! Walt and I love camping. We hardly had any neighbors, and there was an outhouse and water spigot right across the road, so it was luxury camping.

I started my in vitro shots last Wednesday. I have three a day to give myself, and to be honest, they aren't too bad. If you jab yourself fast and hard enough it doesn't even hurt. The problem is, there is something built in to your body that tells you it isn't okay to stab yourself. So if I think about it too long, my hand won't do it. My tummy is getting tender because the big shots leave bruising. There is just so much fluid to push in there. This week I'll have three ultrasounds to see if my body is producing the right amount of eggs for the egg retrieval.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't imagine having to give myself three shots a day! It's for a good cause, though. I hope it works out. It looks like you guys have had a fun summer! I hope you enjoy the rest!