Walt's friend Jon gave him a big sheet of currugated metal to make a fire pit. Walt bought a pipe, cut it in half, screwed it onto the ends of the metal for support, put the whole thing on 4 cinder blocks, and Wahlah (sp?)! We have a portable fire pit (well, more of a fire platform). On Friday we put it on our back patio, built a fire on it, and watched a movie on our laptop in front of the fire. Now that's a hot date. :)
I'm trying to think of an alternative to candy to give out at Halloween this year. Has anyone tried giving out anything else or heard of other good ideas? I've thought about fun pencils, but that's all that has come to mind so far.
APRIL-JUNE 2026
2 weeks ago
6 comments:
You can go to a party supply store and get a bunch of small party favor-ish toys. Kids like that kind of stuff and it's pretty cheap.
Candy beat me to the idea. That's what I was going to say. Instead I'll just say great minds think alike! :D
That sounds like a great date, how fun!
HI Julie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY! HAPPY I found you!!:) I still live in Provo and am working 2 days as a therapist in Orem. I am continuing to look for a full time job as a social worker. In the mean time, I enjoy hanging out with friends!:) Let’s get together soon ok! I also have a blog send me an email (my email is in lower case my first and last name @ gmail.com) and I’ll invite you! Please tell your family hi from me! Love you, I hope all is well! :)
Hey Julie Wooley,
Sounds like an awesome date. As far as Halloween I was at Target today and they had some cool pencils and stuff in the dollar bins. They also sell goldfish in Halloween packages, pretzels and little tubs of playdough. Good luck. Sounds fun!
my kids got nickels, pennies and a dime from someone once and they loved it. They thought it was so cool. They've also got little things of bubbles, playdough, and erasers. My favorites are small packages of pretzles and animal crackers. Diane bought a bunch of stuff from oriental trading this year to pass out. She had tiny packs of cards like go fish and war and tiny coloring books. There are tonz of fun stuff to pass out. Have fun doing it.
By the way, your date night sounds really romantic. I bet it was fun
I know that this is our second reply, but here is an idea that combines the sugar with family time. Give out Junior Frosty Coupons for Wendy's. you get 5 coupons for a dollar. It encourages parents to spend a little time to take their little ones on a date.
Post a Comment