Sunday, February 15, 2009

How do you spell BYU?

We got to spend a lot of time with our nephews this week who were visiting from Phoenix. We took them to a BYU basketball game, and my 4 year-old nephew, Josh, said, "Julie! I know how to spell BYU! B.....uh....U...uh..wait,no...um...B.....hmmmm...Y........U! BYU! I did it!" Was so cute.

Today I substituted for our organist in sacrament meeting and our primary pianist in primary. I absolutely love playing the organ. It was fun to have a change of pace, though I missed sitting by Walt and being with my Young Women.

Walt and I went to our Stake's Valentine Dance last night, which was surprisingly well-attended. I felt like a wimp when my legs started aching after only an hour and a half, and my pregnancy heartburn (almost a daily occurrence now) was getting the best of me. Walt and I have never been dancing really, so it was fun to have a novel activity and to be close to him all night. I tried my hand at a homemade chocolate mousse recipe, which turned out really well, so we ate that up with fresh raspberries before going to bed. Oh contentness!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You played the organ beautifully, by the way. I was so impressed! The one time I played the organ for sacrament meeting, the congregation sang the second verse of the sacrament hymn a capella. Lovely. Really.