Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easter Formula

According to my survey, only one person knew how to calculate when Easter will be, and they didn't share it with me, so I looked it up! It's actually quite simple, though a calendar with lunar cycles is required. I personally don't memorize the cycles of the moon.

First, find the Spring Equinox (either the 20th or 21st of March, typically). Then find the first full moon after the Spring Equinox (this will be Passover). The following Sunday will be Easter.

EXAMPLE: This year, the Spring Equinox is March 20th. The next full moon falls on April 9th. So the following Sunday, April 11th, is Easter. Ah ha! Not so hard after all.

This week we attended our last required adoption seminar. That's one part of the process that is complete, and now we have several more steps to take which will include two more rounds of interviews and two home visits. I need to buy a carbon monoxide detector, so if anyone knows of a good one, please pass on the information!

At this week's prenatal appointment my doctor suggested that before I eat anything I should ask myself, "Would I feed this to a newborn baby?" Dang. So I've decided to limit myself to two dessert a day, one helping each. Pathetic, I know. The good thing is that for the first 4 months of my pregnancy I hardly ate any dessert - just didn't want it. That was then. This is now. Did anyone else get a mean sweet tooth when they were pregnant?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you guys still planning on adopting?! We just started some of our paperwork with LDS family services!

Joel and Crystal said...

Julie, glad you are doing well! I LOVE sweets period!!! All the TIME! Good luck. But I think it's cute that you said you would limit yourself to 2 desserts a day. :) Love you!

Sarah said...

Julie, you know me...I could eat sweets all day long, but the last three months or so of my pregnancy I had a HORRIBLE sweet tooth! I am so impressed that you are putting limits on yourself, way to go! :0)

Laura said...

I actually craved savory things with Naomi. I could have eaten spaghetti every day for dinner if Jacob hadn't insisted on a little variety. With Boyce it was tangy stuff, especially citrus. I'm glad to hear you're not going extreme about desserts. I think two desserts a day is perfectly reasonable!

the5johnsons said...

I always have a sweet tooth. I figured that ice cream didn't count as a treat because it was made of milk and you do feed milk to a baby. I also craved fruit. I would eat like 3 grapefruit a day and a pineapple in 2 days. I figure, as long as you are eating mostly healthy meals, eat a treat here and there and love it because treats aren't so great when the heartburn kicks in.
Oh ya, i didn't know that you were going to adopt. That is exciting too.

the5johnsons said...

Hey, I want to send you an invite to my blog, but i need your email address. ekmkggj@q.com

Elaine said...

hey I had a major sweet tooth with McKenzie!