Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Fluke or No Fluke?

Isaac just rolled over. He's 18 days old. Isn't that a bit early? I thought I'd be able to leave him on the bed unattended for a few more weeks. I had put him on his tummy to try to help his gas, and he got his arm under him and just flipped right over. He was flailing around pretty good when he did it because of the gas, so it may be just a fluke thing. But maybe not. That's my boy!

By the way, does anyone have strategies for dealing with baby gas? Isaac seems to have it pretty bad. Poor kid.

4 comments:

April said...

Well, they have those mylicon (sp?) drops which are supposed to help, but I'm not sure if they do or not.

We used to lay our boys on their backs, resting on our knees, and exercise their legs. We would "bicycle" forwards and back, and just scrunch up their legs, then pull them out again, working out the gas :-) We loved it when they'd finally toot!

I also tried to watch what I ate, but I can't remember right now what foods cause gas. I'm sure google knows :-)

Laura said...

Every baby is different. I'm sure you've read the usuals: onions, chocolate, spicy foods, dairy. But every baby's different. I couldn't eat citrus with Boyce.

The mylicon drops do help, but April's suggestion is what my sister always did with her youngest, who was the Queen o' Baby Gas! It worked, a little too well sometimes. :-)

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Come now, Julie. I think you've lived w/ my brother long enough to know that there is nothing unusual about a little gas! A little? Actually, those Johnson boys are turbo-charged!

Shellie said...

Giovanni used to roll over from his back to his stomach. I have a video of him doing it at 2 weeks old. Normally, they don't do that till what? 3-4 months? Once I got him fattened up he stopped being able to do it for a month or so then went back to it again right on schedule. There are actually little infant drops for gas you could try. He's probably swallowing too much air. Watch how he eats and see if that's it.