Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harvests and Diaper Heads

We harvested 3 zucchini from our garden this week. I made zucchini bread, zucchini casserole, and fried zucchini. Luckily there aren't any more growing at the moment, so we have a few days break. But with zucchini you blink and there are more, so I'm sure it won't take long. We also weeded the garden, which had been a daunting task in my mind. Our garden looked like an overgrown lot. But with Walt and I working together it only took an hour or so to get it under control. We have some tomatoes that are almost ready to pick, and I'm so excited! If I had to live off of one food for the rest of my life it would be either homegrown tomato sandwiches or rhubarb pie. It's a toss-up.

Isaac rolled over again yesterday, so I guess that first time wasn't a fluke. He just goes from his tummy to his back, though, not the other way around (yet).

Friday night Walt was changing Isaac's diaper, and this was the result. Walt dubbed him Mr. Diaper Head. Dad's are way more fun. Although from the looks of it, Isaac seems to be merely humoring him. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Go team Johnson! :0) What cute and fun parents you are...thanks for sharing your adventures!

Joel and Crystal said...

What a cutie! And yes dads are so fun! They think of the silliest things! Can't believe he's rolling over!

Laura said...

That is a charity grin if ever I saw one. :-) He's such a handsome boy. Good work, you two!

Anonymous said...

I have the cutest nephew of all time. He is seriously adorable and not just because I am his aunt :). I miss you guys and want to visit! I need to find time this week in between Xanthe's wedding stuff and everything. I just posted a blog about hiking Mt. Timp though. You should read it :) I LOVE YOU!

Michelle said...

Wow! What a little miracle that Isaac is! How are you healing? That episiotomy post is giving me nightmares.

Shellie said...

Aw! Giovanni used to roll over too, till he got too fat!