Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shots

Isaac had his two month shots today. We both cried. I swore I wouldn't, but when he got that startled look on his face and cried so hard he could hardly breathe, I just felt for him. Poor little guy. He didn't even see it coming. I told him that if he was old enough I would have taken him out for ice cream, but he's not, so I just ate some ice cream at home, and he got it second hand later.

Isaac is going to bed around 9:00 now (and sleeping until 7:00ish!), so that leaves me an hour or so before bed to use both my hands to do other things! I usually clean the kitchen because there is nothing like waking up to a clean kitchen. If the kitchen is clean I can handle life (I obviously spend a lot of time there). But right now I don't feel like cleaning the kitchen. Especially because I just knocked a big tuperware of watermelon off the counter upside-down onto the floor. Sad. It was good watermelon, too. And now the floor is all messy. But I'm just leaving it there for a while.

8 comments:

Maxfields said...

I can totally understand crying when you little one gets shots! Sounds like you a pretty good Mom!

Joel and Crystal said...

It is SO hard when they get shots. With Rebekah's anemia test she had to have blood drawn. I really wanted to wait until Joel could take her and I wouldn't have to...then a cousin gave me some advice that she had received from her mother. They need their mommy there. Even though they don't understand what just happened they have their mommy to comfort them. Hang in there. You are an awesome mom. And just remember those shots are good for them and ice cream is too. :) I always stop by McDonalds after now that my kids are old enough to have it.

Laura said...

Shots are hard. I remember thinking that the look right after the startled look was, "Mom, why would you let them do that to me?" [insert frowny face]

Sorry about the watermelon, but good for you for letting it be for a few minutes.

Amy J said...

I cried too on those shots. I always repeated the mantra, "I am doing this cause I love you." :)

And I am glad that you are allowing yourself those moments to take a break from messes you aren't ready to deal with. Definitely a strategy of Mommyhood!

hugs.

Sarah said...

I know...I wish I could have given her a lollipop or a balloon or something. Shots, gotta love 'em... or not!

AWESOME that Isaac is sleeping so well and so long! (Does he want to give Brie some lessons? :0))

Too funny about the watermelon!!

Anonymous said...

I just laughed out loud at work about the watermelon. The way you told the story was so funny. I would definitely cry if I had to watch my baby give shots...you know, in like 10 years. At least they are over for a while though :)

the5johnsons said...

I always cry too. It just sucks that we have to make our kids hurt deliberately.

Shellie said...

Ouch! sigh! And shots are just the beginning...