Saturday, January 30, 2010

Blowouts and Bed Diving

We've set a record: 5 blowouts in 30 hours. I'm really not sure how he's managed that, but apparently I need to keep more extra changes of clothes in the diaper bag. :)

So yesterday Isaac experienced a Rite of Passage (as a kind friend on Facebook called it). He fell off the bed. He'd been up there for about fifteen minutes with me while I folded and packed clothes for a weekend trip to my grandparents, and I just hadn't noticed that he'd slowly inched his way to the edge of the bed. All of a sudden he pushed off hard with his legs, and THUD! Down he went. It took me a second to realize what had happened - I looked around thinking "what was that noise?" before suddenly noticing that Isaac was missing! He hadn't started crying yet because he was still working up momentum for the big whail. Poor kid.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Did he get a bump on his head? I think all my kids fell off the bed once!

Joel and Crystal said...

Whoa that's a lot of blow outs! Way to go Isaac!

Liz said...

a lot of blow-outs often means it's time to move up to the next size of diapers.

Sarah said...

Gotta love the blowouts!!! And, Brie fell off the bed a first months ago. OUCH! Definitely a sad moment. You're not alone!

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

so is 5 blowouts in a day a Mommy Rite of Passage? Looks like you passed! hehee