Monday, August 30, 2010

The Latest

Here, briefly, are the latest goings-on with us:

Dad and Julia are hosting a foreign exchange student from Brazil for the school year. Caio is from Brazil, so my dad gets to practice his Portuguese with him.

A couple days ago I figured out that if I pretend the washcloth is hungry and eating Isaac's face, he doesn't mind getting wiped off after meals.

We started eating 100% stone ground whole wheat bread this week and found that apparently we have to build up a digestive tolerance for it slowly. Good to know in case we ever need to live off food storage.

The weather is cooling off and I LOVE it!! Getting excited for Fall.

Walt and I had a hot date to a John Michael Montgomery concert Saturday night. John Michael put out lots of hit country songs when I was in high school. "I Swear", "I Can Love you Like That", "SOLD!", etc. Loved singing along and snuggling with Walt while Isaac slept at Grandpa and Grandma's house. Perfect evening!

My tummy is starting to show more, and if you'll take a minute to respond to our poll at the top right, you may win the satisfaction of being a good guesser if you correctly identify the gender of our baby. Ultrasound two weeks from today! Yay!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah, when I worked at my Dad's store we'd tell people that whole wheat could do funny things to your system if you started eating it "cold turkey!" But, yum... homemade whole wheat bread sounds so good :0)

What a FUN date and SO nice of Dad & Julia to help make it happen. Yay for grandparents, eh? :0)

the5johnsons said...

Wow, congrats on your new baby. I must have missed a previous post, cuz i am just now finding out. I am way excited for you and Walt.

Ps. I vote girl

Michelle said...

Congratulations on the new baby! You are so brave to have another so soon....I'm still wondering if there will ever be another! :)