That's the question I've been pondering for the last week. Hmmm. Is it even possible? I'd love to make it to the grocery store, but just thinking about taking Isaac (19 months) and Thomas (almost 2 weeks) out at the same time by myself makes me want to take a nap. Meanwhile, I'm having lots of fun with them at home, but someday I'll have to get out and about. So if you have any tips for me, please share!
Isaac walked frontward down the steps this week, which was a fun milestone. I love being at home to see these firsts. I cheered him on, and he was so proud of himself. When he got down, he climbed right back up and did it again. He's also started using longer strings of words, and his most common phrase right now is, "there it is!" for when he finds someone or something he's looking for. He likes to smile and make faces at himself in the mirror, and he has a funny, contagious laugh. His personality is really starting to come out! It's so fun! (when he's not throwing a tantrum)
Thomas outgrew his newborn diapers at one week old and graduated to size 1. He is sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night, which is so nice. He's a great baby, and Isaac doesn't seem to mind him. I'm tired but not exhausted. My grandma was here for several days helping out while Walt was out of town. She fixed meals, did all the dishes and laundry, and helped watch Isaac so I could rest. It was wonderful!
6 comments:
Sounds like you are doing great! You will figure out the groove with getting out with 2...probably when you need to get out or you'll go crazy! :)That's how it usually happnes for me.
Let me know what you figure out about outings with two and you can pass it along my way in eight weeks ;0)
I'm glad to hear that Grandma has come to the rescue. Go Grandma!! And glad to hear that you're doing well.
hmmm, must be logged in under Bryan's account...this is really Sarah :0)
Julie,
My first two were 16 months apart and it is really hard at first, but you eventually will adjust. The best thing that I ever got was a double stroller. It is a lifesaver when you have kids so close together:)
Yay! A picture! :) I second that double stroller thing. And it will be easier when the weather improves too.
I agree with the double stroller idea. It's so hard to go anywhere with little ones. I used to put the infant carrier in the cart and my toddler in the fromt of the cart. It totally limits the amount of groceries that you can get, but it was easier than chasing my toddler.
Post a Comment