Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thomas Walter Johnson

STATS:
February 8, 2011
1:11 a.m.
8 lbs. 10 oz.
22 inches long
brown hair


Thomas is here! Monday, February 7th, around 9:45pm I started feeling slight pains. By 10:15 I was having contractions 1-2 minutes apart and getting pretty painful. By 10:30 we realized we needed to get to the hospital! We called my friend and neighbor, Amy, who came to stay the night at the house with Isaac, and Walt and I rushed to get the hospital bag ready. We arrived at the hospital around 11:30pm. The epidural team came in and got me going on that, but it wasn't providing any relief at first. Turns out I was already dilated to a 10 and was told I'd be lucky to get any relief from the epidural since I progressed so fast before it could take effect. But thankfully the last 20 minutes or so it kicked in and I didn't feel a thing. The doctor even arrived just in time for me to push this little guy out, which took around 10 minutes (compared to 2 1/2 hours of pushing with Isaac). Yay! Everyone is doing great, and we're so happy to have little Tommy here!

Here is a link to a few pictures that a lady at the hospital took:

http://www.utahportraits.com/hospital/index.php?action=view&BabyID=020811twj



7 comments:

Amy J said...

Congrats!! Especially on the quick delivery. I love the pic of the happy big brother. :)

Melissa said...

Congrats Julie! Such a cute family!

Bronson Family said...

Aw, great story! So glad all went well, and you look great!

Kristin said...

Congrats, he's a cutie!

Sarah said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Michelle said...

Yea!!!! I'm so glad that even though it took awhile for him to decide to come, once he decided, he was quick about it!

Joel and Crystal said...

Wahoo! Great pictures! Congratulations!