Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hot Date

Last night Walt and I went on a super date since it may have been our last chance to get out and do whatever we want together for a while. We ate a frozen pizza at home, then caught the 8:00 Comedy Sportz show. It had been years since I'd been there, and we got lots of good laughs in. I thought if I laughed hard enough maybe labor would start, but nope. :) Afterward we got shakes at the Malt Shoppe. I asked them what their most chocolaty shake was and ended up getting a chocolate shake with brownie and cookie dough. Good thing I hadn't eaten any other desserts that day because that had to have counted for at least two. Yum! It was really nice to spend time with Walt. I lucked out with him. He is such a good husband.

We finished painting the office, hallway, and a few doors, so that leaves just 3 more doors left to complete our projects. Wahoo!

My sisters-in-law came over on Friday and helped me make three freezer meals and brown 15 pounds of ground beef (on sale at Buy Low for $.78/lb through Tuesday) for after the baby comes. It was so nice to get that all done and just to be together.

I have a cold. Anyone know of pregnancy-friendly ways to relieve congestion/sore throat?

1 comment:

April said...

I got a lot of sore throats during pregnancy (well, all the time, actually, but couldn't take meds during pregnancy. Hopefully with my tonsils gone I won't get so many). Anyway, I used to gargle with cepacol mouthwash since it was antibacterial (if you have a virus, though, then that probably won't help). I also used to suck on sugar free life savors. I went through 4 packages :-)
I think I also drank hot water with honey. One time I even tried cayenne pepper and it about killed me.

Hope you feel better soon!