et pretty chaotic before they can be effectively organized. That's what I keep telling myself about our house these days. With the exception of the bathrooms, our bed, and the kitchen, there is no usable space in our house until the carpet gets installed this week. At least, no space with either no furniture and no flooring or all the furniture piled up. Just 2 more days. Yay! There is method in this madness. I can handle it pretty well if I just remind myself that all this chaos is just the first step to more order. It'll feel great!This baby is getting big. When he moves I feel bad that he seems so cramped. I've officially gained 50 pounds (gasp!), and it must be going somewhere besides my legs, so I'm guessing he'll be a big boy. Please take my poll and let me know what your guess is! :)
Also, I'm wondering what things I'll really wish I had with me at the hospital when the time comes. If you have any input, I'd love to hear it.
Walt took the Varsity/Venturer scouts on a mountain biking trip to Moab this week. They had a great time
5 comments:
I suggest extra batteries and memory cards for your camera :-)
Your own bathrobe. That's always nice. Oh, and slippers, or other comfy shoes to walk around in before and after the baby comes.
Snacks for the husband. He needs to keep his strength and blood sugar up!
How very exciting! It's getting close!
I was going through Naomi's baby stuff just a little while ago and came across the list my sister sent me. I don't remember much about what she said, but I would say, shoes that won't squish your feet (but I think you already have those), either a dress or pants with a drawstring waist (because you're gonna lose some weight and maternity waistbands might not be ideal), nursing bra, phone numbers of people you want to call from the hospital, . . . . Pretty exciting!
By the way, be prepared for ouchie, no matter what size you have. Naomi was two pounds smaller than Boyce, and she actually hurt worse. Thank heavens for the good epidural with Boyce!! :-)
My mom got me a great pair of slippers. Dont skimp on the money part of the slippers. You pay for what you get! Also dont forget little things like a rubberband to pull your hair back with. And maybe some movies or something to do while you are hanging out waiting. Hopefully it wont be too long! I am so excited for you both! Yay!!!!!
Definitely movies, snacks for walt, your own robe, comfy slippers, list of who to call after, CAMERA, extra batteries and memory cards or battery chargers etc. Cell phones & chargers, BABY CLOTHES, I would bring some new born but also some 0-3 stuff incase the baby is bigger. Nursing bra, comfy lounge clothing that can be tightened if necessary but are big enough not to put pressure on you. book to read. I found it best to carry most of these things in the car for the last while that way you're ready from wherever you may be! So exciting, let us know if you need anything. Love you guys
Hey Julie,
We know the Checketts from our ward. Michelle is in Young Womens with me, and I too love her, she is so sweet. What a small world. Congrats on being so close to having your little one, I still have a couple of months. And don't worry about gaining 50 lbs., that's what I gained the first time. I thought Owen was going to be a porker, but he came out weighing only 5 lbs. 8 oz. and when I stepped on the scale after he was born I had only lost like 4 lbs. Less than the baby weighed! It was a little depressing, but soon after I went home it came off a lot faster.
Anyway, they one thing I liked having at the hospital was some of my own jammies to wear the next day and just a little bit of makeup. It felt good to comb my hair and put some lip gloss on and feel presentable after such a "messy" day. :)
Post a Comment