Monday, July 13, 2009

"This is not a small child"

That's what my doctor said when he saw Isaac this morning for his 2 week appointment. At 17 days old, Isaac is weighing in at 9 lbs 6 oz (95%ile), 22 inches long (100%ile), with a head circumference at the 90%ile. He's one big boy. I think he's trying to keep up with the neighborhood boys close to his age.

Sleep deprivation is a bit of a battle right now. I keep falling asleep while Isaac is nursing. Poor kid. Suddenly my muscles will slack and he'll be dumped in my lap. A few times I've woken up with my chin practically on my knees and baby in my lap, both of us having been totally konked out for who knows how long. One strategy I've begun to employ is reading while I nurse, which works really well most of the time. I've gotten through several books already. But sometimes I get Isaac all situated only to realize I didn't leave my book within reach and it isn't worth it to go get it.

We're getting really excited about a visit from Walt's dad and sisters in a few weeks! We'll have Isaac blessed while they're here.

2 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Way to go Issac! Keep it up boy! And Julie good luck with the nursing. I'm a bad example but I would always just bring the baby in bed with me because I knew I would fall asleep.

Laura said...

This brings back so many memories! I also had lots of pillows under the kids so that if I fell asleep they wouldn't drop. . . . Oh the fun!