Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy New Year 2010



My awesome sister-in-law changed our Merry Christmas card to say Happy New Year since we didn't get it out until now. :) Thanks Sarah! If you've been reading our blog for long, you have most of the updates on us for 2009, but here's the year in a nutshell:

April, 2009: Spring Break trip to Phoenix to visit four of Walt's siblings and families and my aunt's family.
May, 2009: I quit work as a School Psychologist to be a full time stay-home mom.
June, 2009: Walt and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary and welcomed our son, Isaac, to the world. We also welcomed his "twin cousin" Samuel on the same day! How cool is that?
July, 2009: Visits from Grandpa Johnson, Aunt Charlotte, and Aunt Anna, a greater Johnson family reunion, and Walt's High Adventure trip with the scouts to Death Hollow.
August, 2009: Isaac's baby blessing. At some point this month my ankles reappeared and I actually fit into tennis shoes again. It would be another month or so before my church shoes fit. :) Also this month I did not go back to work. I loved my job as a School Psychologist, but this motherhood business takes the cake!
September, 2009: Third annual Graden Family Retreat and the birth of a niece, Aliyah.
October, 2009: Mountain biking trip to Moab with Walt's brother, Stan, a few of his friends, and Walt's co-worker and wife.
November, 2009: Thanksgiving with family in Phoenix!
December, 2009: Christmas at my sister's house in Tooele with the whole family.

It's been a really wonderful year. Our lives have changed dramatically with Isaac's birth, and boy is it better than ever! I've been realizing again how much relationships mean to me. We need each other. We need people to cheer us on, give us support, teach us, learn from us, help us develop love and patience, and generally refine us. Thanks to all of you for the role you play in our lives. You mean so much to us. Above all, thanks be to God our Father, from whom all our blessing flow and who is our constant guidance and support.

Happy New Year!

Love, Julie, Walt, and Isaac

5 comments:

Laura said...

Love the card! Happy new year to you too.

Joel and Crystal said...

Love the pictures!!! You cuties!

Diana said...

So cute. What a wonderful recap to a wonderful year. So fun to stay caught up with you on your blog!

Alan said...

Great pictures!

Julie, I think you really captured something I've been thinking about lately: life is about relationships

So glad to have you guys close - thanks for sharing!

Mamma Julz said...

Great pictures! I would like to get copies in a 5x7 for my office and dad's. I don't remember getting one of these. Do you have anymore? What a beautiful family! Miracle baby!