Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm a Fan

I'm a fan of New Years Resolutions. The start of the new year feels so fresh and optimistic to me, and I love to take advantage of that feeling to do myself some good. One of my goals this year is to get my 5-A-Day (5 fruit or vegetable servings) Monday through Friday. What about Saturday and Sunday, you ask? Well, maybe that will be next year's goal. For now Monday through Friday seems realistic to me seeing as how we're starting from ground zero here. Not that I don't eat any fruits and vegetables, but I average more like 3-4 servings a day, rarely 5. If anyone has any good recipes for vegetable dishes (mostly side dishes), I'd love to have them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I learned how to add veggies to EVERYTHING...for instance: spinach can go into anything & everything. It doesn't have a lot of flavor & mixes right in, like spaghetti sauce for example, or scrambled eggs. Also use corn in any mexican dish you make, goes great in Grandma's burrito cassarole :) Oh her cream cheese chicken, you can add broccoli & cauliflour & carrots really easily & it goes great to that too :)

Michelle said...

Do like V8 juice? If not, you'd most likely like V8 Fusion, which comes in all kinds of flavors and gives you a serving of fruit and a serving of vegetables in an 8 oz glass. It tastes great and is quick and easy. I have started to eat lots of veggies, but mostly raw and nothing fancy...but I'll send along some recipes as I find them! Good resolution!

Laura said...

If you want things that are little more off the beaten track, check out the recipes at Cheap, Healthy, Good and Casual Kitchen. (There are links on my blog.) They do some really fun things with veg, and I've like what I've tried so far!

Diana said...

That is a great goal Julie. It seems like eating properly makes all aspects of life so much better.