I just looked at my blog dashboard and realized that this is my 100th post. Technology is a beautiful thing. Fifteen years ago I would not have imagined that sharing in the lives of friends and family this way would have been possible, and not just possible but EASY! I feel so much better connected with people because of the internet. What a blessing!
So I am in need of either a Warm and Toasty Drink or Hearty Breakfast That Sticks to Your Bones recipe for my next recipe swapper meeting. I'm totally drawing a blank on both these categories. Most mornings I whip up a bowl of cold cereal for breakfast, with an occasional mug of instant oatmeal thrown in just to mix things up. And I've never really been into drinks that much. It's water or milk at our house. Sometimes juice from concentrate. Any ideas? Please? What are your favorite breakfast foods?
APRIL-JUNE 2026
2 weeks ago
4 comments:
I love a good breakfast wrap...a couple of scrambled eggs and add in anything from cut-up ham, or turkey sausage, to peppers, spinach, onions, tomatoes, whatever. Wrap it up in a whole wheat tortilla and you've got one filling/stick-to-your-ribs breakfast, for a minimal amount of work.
Google "World Famous in Poland Oatmeal." So, so good. And seriously, it will stick to your ribs (although I use less butter and brown sugar instead of white sugar). Mmm. I might have to have some for lunch . . .
I love blogging. I'm happy I get to keep on your life because of your blog.
Some day soon we'll have to get together. I'd love to catch up and chat. We're home a lot. Let me know when you can.
Julie, we eat oatmeal every morning. When I make it, it has raisins, walnuts, cinnamon and brown sugar. When Andrew makes it, it has blueberries, bananas, apples, walnuts, cinnamon and sugar. In the Fall, I put pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice in it (yummy!). It's like dessert in the morning - except you can feel good and healthy about it! We love it :)
Post a Comment