Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today was the first Sunday I kept Isaac home from church because of sickness. He had a fever on Friday and has had a runny nose and cough for several days. He seems to be on the mend, but the coughing doesn't sound good, and I didn't want other parents to be concerned about their children getting sick. All in all it could have been worse, and I'm grateful that the first 8 months of his life were in good health.

My sister Heather got her mission call to Toronto, Canada, a couple weeks ago, so Friday she went to the temple for the first time. We met here there, and it was so neat to be in the temple with most of my family. That doesn't happen very often since there are so many of us with busy schedules to coordinate.

Dad and Julia started moving into their new home yesterday, so all of us Graden kids came to help. Two of my siblings and their families spent the night at our place Friday, which was a PARTY! Saturday we got up, ate breakfast, and got to work! By the evening we were ready with a moving truck to go from their condo to their new home to unload. When we got there, a group of men came over from next door to help. They were having a party and could see that help was needed, so the entire family came over - grandpa, sons, granddaughters. So nice! Then just minutes after they left, another group of men came over that the church had organized to help, complete with sweet bread someone brought from his wife. It looks like they'll have great neighbors.

Does anyone else have mixed feelings about the Olympics being over? I loved watching the events, but we are practically zombies from lack of sleep.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh man! He got sick! I hope he's feeling better!

Laura said...

So sorry Isaac is sick. We can commiserate. Hope he's back to his healthy self soon. I'm sort of sad the Olympics are over, but I'm looking forward to regular sleep schedules.

House of Ham's said...

poor little guy! hope you guys get healthy soon. those cough's can be rough! church just wasnt the same without the johnsons! :)

Diana said...

Poor little Isaac. Hope he gets well soon.
Congrats to your sister on her mission call.
Congrats to your Dad and Julia for their new house.
I miss the Olympics :)