Sunday, May 3, 2009

Full Life

The past month has been so full and fun. Conference weekend we spent with family in Provo and Salt Lake, Easter weekend we had family friends staying with us for a few nights and had a wonderful family gathering at my dad's. The next week we took a road trip to Phoenix to visit Walt's siblings and my aunt for 4 days. The next week was BYU graduation. My two sisters-in-law graduated, and Liz's mom and sister stayed with us for the four days they were here. The next week was BYU Womens Conference, which I attended on Thursday with my aunts and cousin, and Friday I was helping put on a School Psychology conference in Salt Lake, and my sister threw me a family baby shower that night. Her family spent the night and next day with us so they could attend a local wedding. The next few weeks should be slower at home, and crazy at work trying to set up all the end of year meetings for the students we serve.

I'm starting to get really excited about this baby. There is a lot to do to prepare still - paint the baby room, buy supplies, freeze some dinners, do a hospital tour, etc. I'm banking on having at least a couple weeks in June after work ends to do most of that.

Yesterday we walked to the church for a potluck, and on the way we saw a cow that had just given birth to a calf. The calf was curled up behind it in the grass, and the cow was eating her placenta! It was so neat! I felt like I was on the nature channel. I didn't realize cows did that, and I've definitely never seen it before. I wish I'd had my camera. I would have posted a picture. :)

2 comments:

House of Ham's said...

Oh julie you are going to be an awesome mom! I cant wait to see the little addition! How fun to see the baby cow! my grandma just had baby sheep at her house and they are the sweetest things! Love new life in spring!

Shellie said...

I'm so glad I didn't have to eat any placentas. Somehow, after 9 months of barf, I don't think I would have been up to that. I'm happy for the cow though.