ng and slow. The doctor finally ordered me on pitocin at 1:00 in the afternoon to get contractions going stronger and harder. After increasing the pitocin 4 times and me on 2 hours of sleep, no food, 12 hours of labor, and at least another estimated 5 hours to go, I finally got an epidural. At that point it was the right thing for my body. At 8:00 PM I started pushing. 2 1/2 hours later, the poor baby still had a ways to go, and his heartrate was dropping and taking a long time to rebound after each push. The doctor recommended an episiotomy, which I agreed to. He cut it, and I began to throw up, which propelled the baby out hard and fast, causing 3rd degree tearing beyond the episiotomy. Ouchie. 
Baby was here!!! all 8 pounds, 4 ounces of him. It was very exciting! I'll have to write more later.... :)
12 comments:
Thanks for the pictures!!! We are so excited for you! Congratulations new Mommy and Daddy!!!
Go Julie, GO! What a trooper!! And that little Isaac is such a cutie. (Love the BYU beanie.) Congrats...again :0)
Congratulations! Sorry to hear about the miserable labor, but glad Isaac is here!
Worth every second huh? Beautiful son! Beautiful Mommy to go with him :)
-Amber
He is adorable - congrats! I'm glad everything went well. Enjoy every second - they go by way too fast...I am still in denial that my "baby" just turned 2.
We are so glad to hear Isaac made it safe & sound! Sorry to hear about the 3rd degree! That is no good but You did it girl! Way to go! Love you guys he is A-dorable!!!
Congratulations!!! He is adorable!!
Congrats!! He is so cute!
Congratulations. He is darling. I am so sorry that you had such a hard labor. I am sure that he is worth it though. I can't wait to see him.
Thanks for the text I was glad to read your quick version! Sounds like it was more than just a bit of work, but isn't is surprisingly all worth it when the little one is in your arms?? SOOOO glad he is here and is absolutely adorable! Love the hat! Shealy is jealous. :)
If you want to see and read our blog, send me your email address (that you want to check it from) to sethandbrittney@gmail.com and I will add you.
Congrats again!
Cute little baby! Cute name! We are very happy he is here safe and sound. So sorry for the labor of awful! Yikes! I hope you recover quickly!
Congrats!! He is really sweet! Glad to hear you're having fun with him, enjoy it, he'll never be this small again.
Post a Comment