We're down to two weeks 'til the due date. Yay!
Last Friday we had Walt's holiday work dinner. They decided to have it in January instead of December so it wouldn't be one more thing to fit in over the holidays. It was a nice dinner and lots of fun to sit with Walt's co-workers and get to know them better. One of the other wives is due five days before me, and she asked me where I was going to deliver. When I told her Utah Valley in Provo, she looked at me funny and said, "You know they're not covered under our insurance, don't you?" I was stumped. They must be! They're the biggest hospital around, and our doctor who is covered by our insurance delivers there. But we have different insurance now than we had with Isaac, and it had not occurred to me that certain hospitals are in-network and others aren't, just like doctors. So I went home and called the insurance company, and sure enough! It would have cost us thousands of dollars more to go there, and we were less than three weeks from the due date!
I felt so blessed that we just "happened" to have that conversation at a critical point. It saved us a lot of money and stress. So now we're registered at an in-network hospital just slightly further away, and we took a tour of labor and delivery for Family Home Evening this week. I'm SOOOO excited for this little guy to arrive!
APRIL-JUNE 2026
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
Whoa thats a close call! We took Owen to Timpanogos hospital ER once and even though the hospital was covered under our insurance the Dr we saw in the ER wasnt! Its really a problem that needs to be fixed! We are so excited for you guys 2 weeks will flow by so fast!
Two weeks :0)
We have to deliver at Timp too. I did the first time and really like the hospital. It was a surprise to us the first time when we found out that UVRM wasn't on our insurance either.
Post a Comment